Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Copyright statement on tv show proposal?

I am a broadcasting student and about to ''produce'' and host a simulation TV show for my final exam. But first I am supposed to submit a TV show proposal to my instructor to either get a ''go'' or a ''no go''.



Back in the lesson he said that ideas are worth thousands of dollars in the broadcasting industry and to be guarded very carefully. He briefly mentioned about securing the proposal with a copyright statement, something like ''I, the undersigned hereby acknowledge that all ideas in this document are the intellectual property of Aurora Borealis, and am legally prohibited from using them for my own purposes.'' Then the person to whom that proposal is given signs the statement AND every page of the proposal.



I want one on my proposal--because this guy is actually a TV producer and I want to guard against any possibilities of stolen ideas. Now, what is a proper copyright statement supposed to look like?



Copyright statement on tv show proposal?



Honestly, you should get your work officially copywritten, you can find the instructions here:



http://www.copyright.gov/register/visual...



To secure your show, the statement should appear on the initial screen of your program. In other words, however you submit your work, it should be the first thing they see when they hit PLAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment