Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can I see the Northern Lights in Maine, U.S?

I'd really like to see the Aurora Borealis and wonder if I might be able to see them somewhere in northern Maine. Does anyone know if it's probable to do so and where should I go? Thanks!



Can I see the Northern Lights in Maine, U.S?anti virus software



I've lived in Maine for about 11 year now, and I have seen the northern lights once. The best place to see it is Alaska to tell you the truth. There is a website here that reports sightings, http://www.spacew.com/www''http://www.meinvzhaopian.com.cn/aurora''.php



Can I see the Northern Lights in Maine, U.S?aurora



Yes. I used to live in Quebec, not far from Maine, and saw auroras frequently. However, at the moment we are at solar minimum activity, so auroras are extremely rare this far south. Your chances will be much better in a few years' time. They are no more frequent at any particular time of the year, but seem more frequent in the winter because it gets dark earlier.
You will be able to see them perfect from Maine, I lived in Michigan all my life and can see them perfect, There is no set time or date,, What you need to do is find out when the sun will have a big storm erupt on a website such as spaceweather.com and once a sunstorm erupts its a matter of hours and you will see them here,, Best hunting to you..
Yes you can, but it depends on the sun's activity, your location (the farther north, the better chance) and of course your local conditions (i.e. weather, light pollution, etc.)



Check out this website: http://www.sec.noaa.gov/Aurora/
You can indeed see it. The farther north you go, the better.
Yes, it's absolutely possible. But it's not possible to make long-term predictions of when to see it. It depends on solar activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment